What's going on in the garden

My poor neglected garden is finally getting a bit of attention. These are the before photos. Hopefully in a month I can show you some beautiful after photos!
Last summer we were finishing off the house so the only summer vegetables I grew were tomatoes, and even those were a little neglected. My garden has pretty much been untouched for a year, except for putting some garlic and shallots in and letting the self seeded spinach flourish. The weeds have had a great time establishing themselves, last week I dug out a giant dock weed that was up to my chest! My compost bin is now full of many wheelbarrow loads of greenery. Liam has been earning pocket money weeding out patches for me.


 
All my spinach and parsley have gone to seed. I've pulled a lot of it out now, but I always like to leave a few to scatter their seeds and gift me with new seedlings.
 
 
 
I have repaired my bamboo trellis and planted some sugar snap peas. I've also finally planted out my tomato plants, some little coriander seedlings, some bush beans, capsicums, and another lot of carrots after the snails ate the last lot!
 
 
 


It's all looking a little bare and sad really, but it's amazing how some sunshine, water and a little TLC can transform a bare patch of dirt into a lush little paradise. So watch this space!
At least we have some yummy strawberries appearing, and borage flowers for the bees.


No comments